- Ad Source: Craigslist
- Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia
- Model Year: 1971
- Model: Westfalia
- Kilometers: 200K
- Engine: 4 cylinders
- Asking Price: $6,500
- Seller Type: Private
- Contact Info: Email Seller
Get ready for summer now!
Beautiful 1971 Volkswagen Westfalia. It’s name is Taco & it has been my island ride for awhile now. It’s full of original goodies and would be perfect for either a Volkswagen Junkie or someone looking for an awesome camper.
Overall in decent shape, needs some love, great candidate for a restore. runs and drives fine, used as daily driver all summer.
Frame is in excellent condition, no structural rust, wheel wells, floors all good.
some body rust, some dent damage to the front above passenger turn signal light. some surface rust in spots. Just needs body work / paint job.
– Original seats & beds 7/10 condition. Floor is in excellent shape, sink and fridge are original and installed ( not tested ) water pump on sink seems to work though.
– Pop top is original (needs to be replaced soon, it is fragile with a couple of small tears, but works fine!)
– Electrical seems to all work except radio and gas gauge.
– Includes original tent, bug screen and cots.
1600cc aircooled engine, it’s tired but still runs great. NEEDS A NEW GENERATOR OR ALTERNATOR CONVERSION ( it failed in October )
Recent tune up at Bavarian Motors in Nanaimo, new belt, timing, carb adjustment, fuel filter etc.
Similar Westfalia’s are selling for 8k-13k online, this one is a perfect candidate for restoration, all original… open to serious offers!